Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Missy Elliot "Sock It 2 Me (Kaytranada Remix)" [MP3 Download]


This track is already getting a lot of hype, but I couldn't resist posting this remix as it was one of my favorite songs from high school.  I remember the video for this with the lasers and the robots and the dancing like it was yesterday.  It was so Timbaland-typical-cheesy dope and had a very tight verse from Chicago exiled rapper turned brief reality star, Da Brat.  Montreal-bred producer, Kaytranada, doesn't do too much with the vocals and pretty much lets that incredible horn sample ride.  Good choice, cause it's hard to ruin this track; it's just too sick.  Only thing is, I still get a little queasy on the line "I be poppin' ish like some Crisco"...there aren't enough lasers to burn that image out of my head.  Dope track, and I suspect we'll be hearing more from Kaytranada very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment