Friday, October 26, 2012

Hyuna "Ice Cream" [Music Video]





So I guess this is the thing now, huh?  Pop songs that are mostly in Korean, with like a little bit of English thrown in?  Just enough English so that it can get spun on American kiddie-bop radio and video stations without it being weird?  A bunch of crazy dancing and shit going on in the background?  No real clear direction or idea for what a song is about?  That's what's poppin' in the streets?  Wow.  Thanks a lot Psy.  At least the video and music of Gangnam Style had some comedic value.  I mean, that dude with the high-top gladiator sandals pelvic pumping over Psy in the elevator is just great.  And let's face it...the guy can really cut a rug.  He has a full arsenal of moves that I'm sure can match up with any battle dancer.  It's like Korean Krumping...fantastic.  But this?  What is this?  The beat is bad and I can't understand what she is saying (even when it is in English).  I do love the signs in the background at the 1:51 minute mark, though.  "Batman.  He is gone."  "Tell me!!  Who am I."  Awesome.  On another positive note, this video has inspired me to dye my hair baby blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment