Wednesday, November 7, 2012

SNDCLSH "Clocks" [MP3 Stream]


It seems for me, the good times keep rolling.  In the wake of our noble President begin re-elected, I have discovered some interesting news.  It's a good thing I follow Lupe Fiasco on twitter...otherwise I would have no idea who SNDCLSH was.  Apparently, Lupe teamed with DJ Sky Gellatly, a marketing strategist and artist manager, in 2011 to form a EDM group.  They started off remixing the single Letting Go from Lupe's album "Lasers", getting contributions from DJ Kue.  Later in the year, they began to focus on working towards releasing an EP.  The independently-released, "Don't Drop The Flag" is doing the incredibly generous and socially aware act of donating all of the album's profits to children in Chicago.  That's music that you can feel good about.  The single Clocks follows a standard EDM formula, but blends in Lupe's signature voice that is filled with emotion and sentimentality.  I've begin to notice Lupe's penchant for singing shown in the last couple albums, and i'm glad that he has chosen to explore it more.  I've got to say, few things make me more pleased than to hear one of the artists that I respect most (if not the most) take a journey into electronica.  Check out the very dope single below, and support the iTunes release here.  Cheers Lupe.


No comments:

Post a Comment